Terms & Conditions
Acknowledgement of Risk
The British Mountaineering Council’s participation statement:
The BMC recognises that climbing, hill walking and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvements.
All participants on Climb Pembroke courses must be aware of this and accept the risks associated with these activities.
Terms and Conditions
1. When making a booking, it is implied that clients have read, understood and agree to all Terms and Conditions.
2. All bookings are made by contacting Henry Castle
3. A Provisional Booking is made on receipt of a completed booking form to Climb Pembroke.
4. Once a Provisional Booking has been received Climb Pembroke will email the client an invoice for the course fees. You will also be sent information regarding your course.
5. Once we have received the full course fees, you will be emailed with notification that your course is Confirmed.
6. Course fees are to be made by bank transfer (details available at booking), or by cheque payable to “Henry Castle”.
7. Climb Pembroke accepts no liability for the death of or personal injury to anyone on their courses as well as any loss or damage to personal property, unless proven negligent in court.
8. Any loss or damage by the client to Climb Pembroke equipment will be chargeable at full trade cost.
9. Climb Pembroke does not accept responsibility for the loss of expenses due to delays or changes to travel services, accommodation, sickness, weather or any other cause outside the control of Climb Pembroke.
10. Climb Pembroke reserves the right to stop any activity if a participant is disregarding the Instructor’s directions or are acting in an unsafe way that could result in an accident to themselves or others. In such a case no refund of course fees will be given.
Cancellations by the Client
1. All cancellations must be made by email to Henry Castle at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If cancellations are made over four weeks before the course start date monies received will be refunded in full.
3. If cancellations are made between four and two weeks prior to the start of the course, 50% of the total course fee will be refunded.
4. If cancellations are made less than two weeks prior to the start of the course, no refund will be given.
Cancellations by Climb Pembroke
1. Climb Pembroke will do their absolute best to run all courses as programmed. However, Climb Pembroke reserves the right to cancel courses if they believe the weather conditions to be dangerous or if there is unexpected illness to the Course Director. It is important to understand that Climb Pembroke cannot guarantee beautiful blue skys on every course, so clients must come prepared to cope with poor, wet weather conditions.
2. If Climb Pembroke has to cancel the planned outdoor activity due to unsuitable weather the client will have one of two options;
a. Outdoor based skills training to develop their personal climbing knowledge.
b. Indoor based skills training to develop their personal climbing knowledge.
3. If Climb Pembroke has to cancel the planned activity due to Illness to the Course Director the client shall be offered a full refund.
Even though Climb Pembroke carries full Public Liability Insurance for all activities undertaken, we strongly recommend that you take out your own personal accident/cancellation insurance for all courses booked through Climb Pembroke. Check out the British Mountaineering Council’s website for full insurance details. www.thebmc.co.uk